Thursday 3 May 2018

Postcards from Valencia

It has been a beautiful day here in Valencia and I’ve had fun wandering through the city. It began with a visit to the cathedral, where I got my credential stamped ready for beginning tomorrow (they won’t be open when I start walking, in fact nothing much opens in Spain until mid-morning). 



After the cathedral it was off to the outdoor adventure shop for a few last minute gear purchases. Success!




This guy was practising the sax in the park. 


 
And this couple were practising their salsa under the bridge. Oh how I wish stuff like this happening in Australia.



 Then I came to the arts district. I was reminded of the Sydney opera house when I saw some of what was here in Valencia.












 
These kids were having fun.







There was so much to see. 





I promise I won’t include so many photos next time.



It just went on and on. Tomorrow I begin the pilgrimage. I don’t imagine it will take me through such stunning architecture so today was a feast. Valencia is a wonderful city.

5 comments:

  1. I found you! Thinking of you today as we finished into Agrigento. Annemarie has had one of her allergic reactions so the past day or so has been a bit unsettled. She is on the mend now, I think. We have a rest day here tomorrow and will continue with our travels Friday. Looking forward to following your adventures. Have a good sleep and walk easy tomorrow mate!
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos - and what a city! May your leave-taking be graced by many yellow arrows!! Buen camino my love. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Neil for yesterday's and today's stunning photos! No apologies needed for the number of pics - please keep them coming! So glad you got your supplies, and how exciting that you begin your big walk tomorrow. Please know that many dear ones from around the world will be traveling with you in spirit! Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another feast of stunning pictures!!!! Thank you. I loved the trunks of those trees. Truly amazing. And I would love to have been one of those kids in the bubble. Glad your shopping was successful. Holding you in prayer as you set off on your way. I feel sure there will be lots to feast on as you make your way along the road. Nature has much to share with you. And may some arrows appear somewhere along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you are having such lovely weather - perfect for photographing musicians in parks, water, light, glass... Hope the saxophone playing gave you a jazzy lift on your way.

    ReplyDelete